Thursday, December 19, 2013

My First Experience with Cebu Phil Post Office

They say “Patience is a virtue”. Some say "Patience is bitter, but the fruit is sweet". And others say "Patience is moral elasticity". Well as for me, Patience is an attitude. After purchasing awesome cellphone cases for me and my Hubby from China and waited for months to have it, I guess I certainly have this manner... Yes, nearly 2 Months from ordering it online, shipping it through Swiss Post and sending it to Philippines via Phil Post.

So how did I get my parcel? First, I used the tracking number that the supplier sent me and traced it through the following direct links:

                 1. Phil Post Official Site - http://tnt.phlpost.gov.ph/index.asp
                 2. 17track.net - http://www.17track.net/index_en.shtml

Second, when I found out that the status of my package was “ENROUTE TO DELIVERY OFFICE”, I got excited! So I went to Phil Post Office near Cebu Plaza Independencia, inquired about my parcel and was told that it has not yet arrived. Poor me. I should have waited for the notice mail to be delivered at my office. But I can't help it, I got thrilled to see my cellphone accessories! I instead asked the personnel for any options on how and when to claim my parcel. To my surprise, he advised me to  write  my name, contact number and tracking number in a piece of paper so that they can check on it from time to time. As soon as they have the package, they will inform me through a text message. Wow! That was an added positive assistance from a government sector that has long been known for delivering bad services.

After a week, I received a text message from an unknown number informing me that my package was ready for pick-up. So It was true! They did what they have promised! I was very glad and jumped out for happiness! Here's the proof.


Later that noon time, I went to the Post Office and headed to Window 30. I presented a photocopy of my ID, gave the tracking and control numbers and paid the postage tax of P 50.00. 



When the package was near my sight, I was greatly overjoyed! And when they handed it to me, I was deliriously happy!


My package (clean, sealed and complete)


Unboxing my parcel.
Huawei Ascend P6 cases for me and Samsung Galaxy Note 2 case for Hubby. 


My overall first experience with Cebu Central Philippine Post Office was a memorable one. The work that they rendered especially the text service was highly commendable. It was such a big help for me when I received a text message from them. I didn’t have to wait for the notice mail to arrive and I was at ease. I just hope that they will continue to uphold their values and dignity in delivering services, be it registered, air mail, package or small packet to individuals, accordingly. So in that way, people may regain their trust and confidence and re-establish good relationship with them.

11 comments:

  1. very helpful information here... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! Thanks Labz! glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi what site did you use to purchase these items? Did the post office staff opened your parcel infront of you or have u seen traces of them opening it without ur knowledge? Wow 2 months is so long..err I am planning to purchase an item from China , via swiss post ,a cp worth $40, I wonder if they will tax me bigtime..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Queen B! I came across http://www.tvc-mall.com and purchased these items. It is a china-based online company that sells assorted items - mobile gadgets, accessories and many more. The person-in-charge working at that time in the office handed me the parcel complete, unopened and sealed. Well, it was a small parcel then. But based on my observation when i was still in line, they opened some big packages in front of the owner. So as to check the items inside the box. yeah right! 2 months was a bit long! But it was fine with me since it was in time of the holiday season (meaning more packages were delivered and more no working days) Swiss post, same as China and hongkong post are some of the cheapest form of shipping method offered by tvc-mall.com

      Delete
  4. Great! A positive review for cebu phil post. I am shipping items towards united states. Thank you for the review Ms. Marga

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thank you Mr. Rofel! I have tried sending some documents to United States too just recently. And gladly, my sister received it on time. I hope yours will be delivered successfully too! have a nice day! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi! I read from the comments that you recently sent documents to US. May I ask how many days did it take before your sister received them? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! It only took 6 days to receive the documents from here to the United States thru Registered/Speed mail at SM Cebu Service Center. The Cebu Post Office has a spot there. As I remembered, i paid P 984.00 for the shipping fee.

      Delete
  6. Hi Matthew! Yes i still do kaso seldom nalang coz i realized the aluminum case is trying to block my signal especially when I'm at home. But the cse is amazingly attractive and elegant. Try checking it online like in fb, ig, olx and ayosdito.com. There are a lot of online shops who are selling P6 case

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really helpful Marga2xl. I'm currently having the same status message "En route to delivery office." would it be possible to just text the number that replied to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr. Anton. Sorry but this was a bit too long ago to reply. I hope you got your parcel already. Please share your experience with Cebu Post office.

      Delete