Monday, April 25, 2016

How to get NSO Birth Certificate through E-CENSUS website

My son has just turned 4 this year and I couldn’t be any much happier! This means he will be moving up to another level in a world of learning. 

So before the school year starts, I have to secure all the necessary documents for his enrollment. On top of my list is the authenticated Birth Certificate from NSO. Since going to NSO office is inconvenient and time consuming for me, I decided to go to SM Cebu Business Center to get a copy of it. When I entered the area, I asked the guard on duty about the service and told me that processing of documents will take 20 days. Really?! That long?! I was so discouraged! All the while I thought waiting time is only 7 days!

So my last option was online application. I searched through Google and came across E-CENSUS (Philippines Statics Authority). It is a government website operated by National Statistics office. The site caters services such as request for copies of civil registry documents (NSO Birth Certificate, Certificate on No Marriage, Marriage Certificate and Death Certificate) with delivery from Philippines and abroad.  The fee for each document is double the price compared to SM Cebu and NSO office since it includes the delivery charge. So if you to choose to go for online application, expect to spend more hard cash.

For fees, payment mode and delivery period, please see complete list below.




I was actually uncertain on making transactions on the site.I was wondering if it is trustworthy and reliable. So, I searched for reviews and fortunately read a lot of good feedback about it. Then instantaneously, I decided to give it a try.

After filling up the online form, I received an acknowledgement email containing the request I applied for. The message indicated the Batch Request Number and other important details which I will use when paying to their accredited payment channels. The following day, I went to the nearest BDO and paid the amount of Php 315.00. 3 days after fulfilling my bank payment (excluding Saturday & Sunday), I received a Dispatch Note informing me that my son's authenticated birth certificate was already in transit. Wow! That was fast right?!

I immediately checked the status of my request on their page and I got this updated result. Positive!!! I will be receiving the document in days!




The following day, I got my requested document. It was delivered through my office address sealed, unfolded, clean and well packed. 


When I opened the envelope, I was extremely happy to see my sons birth certificate.  I read and examined all the contents right away. And realized that it was really authentic!  


Attached to it are 2 receipts, 1 the official receipt of Philippine Statistics Authority and another official receipt from Unisys Public Sector Services Corp. I really don't have any idea what are those for. All I know is I need to keep those for proof of authenticity
  
I have high hopes that eventually our government system will improve over the years. I believe that by following strict implementation and better organization will lead to great services. This is my first time to try online application for NSO document and probably not my last. Because over all, I was satisfied with the service offered by E-census. The website is user-friendly and user interface is easy to navigate. Plus the notification through email is a great way to inform clients of the status of their requests. Processing and delivery was fast too! Imagine, it took only 5 days for my request! Yes! Faster that the service offered in SM Cebu

Thank you E-census! I salute you for a job well done!!!

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment